Issued by Appointment Only!
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 4:30pm-6:30pm
NO Saturday or Sunday Appointments
-Contact Dispatch (508-674-8464) to place your name on the waiting list.
-Be sure to provide a RELIABLE contact number, as you will be contacted by Sgt. Mark Foley as future appointments are added.
-For Renewals: Please get your name on the waiting list WELL IN ADVANCE of your license expiration date (2-3 months). By doing so you will assure yourself an appointment before your license expiration.
- Photo Identification
- Check or Money Order for $100.00 (no cash) (non-refundable) payable to the Town of Swansea.
- Renewals age 70 and over are free.
Requirements At First Issue
- Photo Identification
- MA approved Basic Firearms Safety Course or Hunter Safety Course Certification
- Check or Money Order for $100.00 (non-refundable) payable to the Town of Swansea. $25 for FID under 18 years of age.
- Check Or Money Order Only
- No Cash
Please read before answering Question #4:
Have you ever been arrested or appeared in court as a defendant for any criminal offense?
You do not have to put down non-criminal traffic offenses (Key word, APPEARED, not necessarily arrested)
Having been arrested and convicted of a crime does not necessarily prohibit you from getting an LTC or FID. Not answering the question correctly can prohibit.
Understand that “ever appeared” includes all adult and juvenile appearances. It does not matter if you were found not guilty or if the charges were dismissed or continued without a finding, you have to put it down. If you do not answer truthfully we can take the necessary action to decline the application. If you have a sealed record, let us know. We do get notified of sealed records and if they are disqualifiers.
We Will Not Accept “I forgot” or "They told me my court appearances would not show up”, or “that was so long ago”.
Make any changes Now, remember you are signing under the penalties of perjury and you can be denied a license for failing to answer correctly. As a result you could face court prosecution for perjury.
Any questions regarding firearm licensing should be directed to Sgt. Mark Foley or Ptlm. Keith Chomka at 508-674-8464 , or e-mail at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- CodeRed Emergency Notifications
- Department Staff
- Dispatch Log February 2017
- Dispatch Log January 2017
- Dispatch Logs
- Domestic Violence
- Firearms Licensing
- Forms & Documents
- Honor Guard
- Release of Firearms Seized by SPD
- Report Request
- Sexual Offenders
- Shell Fish Information. Open / Closed Status
- Swansea Police Crash Report Request
- Traffic Safety
- Video Surveillance Registry